Friday, February 19, 2010

Buy PanaVise Model 201 "Junior" Miniature Vise


I bought this primarily to hold audio connecters as I solder to them, and it is absolutely ideal for that task. I haven't found a connector that it won't hold firmly, and the heat from the soldering iron doesn't seem to bother the jaws at all. The plastic jaws don't mar the connector surfaces. The vise opens and closes easily and quickly, and can be adjusted to any angle you need.

I mounted this vise on a plastic cutting board that I bought in the kitchen department of a hardware store. Not only does that give a stable base for the vise, but it also gave me a non-stick surface onto which I could splash my solder. I put rubber feet on the bottom of the cutting board, and I can also clamp it to any handy rail or shelf if I don't have a flat surface nearby.

I use this in combination with a soldering workstation that has alligator clips. I use the vise to hold the connector and the clips to hold the wire, leaving my hands free for the iron and the solder. Works like a champ!
Get more detail about PanaVise Model 201 "Junior" Miniature Vise.

No comments:

Post a Comment