Monday, February 1, 2010

Irwin Industrial Tools 3061001 Miter Saw Laser Guide Top Quality


I read some of the reviews prior to buying this product. Some of those reviews made me think twice. I finally realized the worst case scenario if I don't like this item: I'll have to pay for the return postage. I purchased it and installed it on my Makita mitre saw. Here are the areas where some of the other reviews were amiss: 1) The laser line is way off. Not true. The laser line puts the cut immediately to the left of the mark. 2) Installing the laser puts the blade out of balance. Not true. There is no difference in my case. 3) Installing the laser causes the bolt to rub against the blade guard. Not true in my case. 4) The laser isn't bright enough in a well lit area. Not true. I have 3 dual tube shop lights near my mitre saw and I can see the line quite well. Here are the areas where some of the reviews were right on: 1) the laser is not adjustable. True. I wish it were adjustable and I can learn to compensate. 2) The laser doesn't turn on unless the blade is turning at least 500 rpm. True. This is my only issue with this product. It's not a good idea (in terms of safety) to have the blade turning while you line the work piece up. It would be really neat if the laser came on PRIOR to starting the saw.Get more detail about Irwin Industrial Tools 3061001 Miter Saw Laser Guide.

No comments:

Post a Comment