Wednesday, March 10, 2010

BOSCH RA1181 Benchtop Router Table Order Now




I made a serious error in purchasing this item.

I wanted to mount a Triton 3 1/4 HP router to this.

In the manual for this table it clearly states you must
order RA1186 Router Adapter Plate (which is essentially a
drill-able blank).

Sure enough, none of the MULTITUDE of holes on the
included adapter plate match neither my Triton nor an
much older Dayton router.

YEs, I can try to drill some holes and I will however
thanks to the MANY holes already in the included adapter
plate one of the holes will be badly malformed as I can't
find a clean area on the included plate to make 4 fresh
clean holes.

I'm rating this as low as I can because Bosch is selling
kit that is not supported. I"ve looked all over the net
for this optional adapter plate.
I've yet to find one.

I knew when I ordered the table I may
well have to get the OPTIONAL plate. Where I failed is not
researching ahead to discover said plate does not exist.
That said, there is ZERO excuse for Bosch not supplying this plate.

Bosch just lost a customer for life.
THis is not a company to trust.

Get more detail about BOSCH RA1181 Benchtop Router Table.

No comments:

Post a Comment