Monday, March 15, 2010

Cheap Bosch PR010 Round Subbase for Threaded Temp Guides for Bosch Colt Palm Routers


Not unlike many other reviewers I found that:

1.) Guide bushings would NOT fit into the shoulder recess on this base. I scraped the opening with a razor knife until guide bushings would seat.

2.) Base is not flat. I am going to mount it on the router & sand it flat. I am hoping that I can maintain parallelism, but I' not so sure that's possible.

One other reviewer suggested using a Porter Cable base & redrill to fit. That sounds like a good option.

12-28-09 update. It took 5 minutes to sand flat. Not a big deal. Total rework time (with item #1 above) was 10 minutes. This was quicker than making my own base. Considering the amount of time it takes me to tune up other new woodworking tolls, this was easy and nothing much to complain about. If I could change my *star* rating, I'd bump it up to 3-1/2 or 4. Get more detail about Bosch PR010 Round Subbase for Threaded Temp Guides for Bosch Colt Palm Routers.

No comments:

Post a Comment