Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Save Dremel PL400 XPR Planer Attachment


I burned up my brand new XPR400 with this little gadget. I trimmed off maybe 1/4 inch off of 3 doors. By the 3rd door the motor was sounding rough. The motor burned up the next day using it with a cut off wheel. This attachment makes the unit get realllly hot. The tool is turning a really large blade compared to anything else you turn with it. To top that off with the end of the blade isnt supported by anything it just fits in a hole and rides metal on metal. Dremel says the blade is designed to last as long as the attachement 500 BF. I did about 200 and its pretty much ground off (Very old Pine).

I think if you keep the motor well blown out. Dont over tax it and plane a fair amount of 3/4 or less wide your good to go. It really works well. 3 or 4 10 minute sessions on a 1.5 inch door will prove to much for this little tool IMO.

I'm going to see if Dremel will honor the warranty. I will let you all know.

-Mark Get more detail about Dremel PL400 XPR Planer Attachment.

No comments:

Post a Comment