Monday, March 8, 2010

Save Dremel MS400 MultiSaw Attachment


I was very disappointed in this tool. I bought it to cut out a 12" x 6" panel in 1/4" thick fiberglass with 1/16" aluminum on one surface. Since it used standard jig saw blades, I figured it would be up to the task.

The primary reason I used this item rather than a jig saw is that I had a restricted area where the jig saw would not fit.

It made it about half way through the job when it quit working. When I disassembled it, I found it had nylon (or perhaps simply plastic) gears, which were rounded smooth. The manual does caution against running the tool too fast, and I did heed that, but its supposed to be able to cut through 1 1/2" material, so I figured it should have worked for my application. But at any rate, for almost $30, it should have metal gears.

Unless you are cutting thin or soft material, get something heftier, like a pneumatic saw.Get more detail about Dremel MS400 MultiSaw Attachment.

No comments:

Post a Comment